8:00PM - 10:00PMSend a message Listen Live
A woman in her 80s has had first aid after her chocolate pudding exploded in her face in Newton-le-willows
Firefighters treated an elderly woman with a burn shield and First Aid after they were called to reports of a possible explosion.
A tin of pudding had ruptured showering the woman in hot liquid after it was overheated.
Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called at 7.51pm on Thursday August 9 to Belvedere Road, Newton-le-Willows.
The woman, who was in her 80s, had burn injuries to her face and was taken to Warrington Hospital after she was assessed by paramedics.
Firefighters left the scene after an investigation was carried out into the cause of the injuries. Firefighters had left the property by 9.24pm.
Watch Manager Alan Moore, who is based at Newton-le-Willows Community Fire Station and attended the call-out, said: "This was a tin of pudding which cooks by putting it in boiling water. The lady forgot it was heating up on the cooker and the water evaporated. I think she went to get it out of the pan and the lid exploded. Her face was covered with some of the hot chocolate. She could not see or open her eyes. We used a sheet with gel on, known as a burn shield, to treat her before paramedics arrived.
"We always advise that people should never leave cooking unattended.”
An appliance from Newton-le-Willows Community Fire Station attended the call-out.