Crews attended a fire at an office in Jubits Lane, St Helens, this morning.
MFRS were alerted at 5.06am and on scene at 5.13am. Three fire engines attended.
On arrival, crews discovered a fire in the first floor office space.
Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets with a covering branch to extinguish the blaze before ventilating the property.
There were no injuries in the incident. The first floor sustained light smoke damage and a small amount of fire damage.
It is believed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
Crews remained at the scene until 6.21am.